We are looking for a Product Developer to work with our development team.
- Partner with design team to develop products meeting company’s standards and vision
- Understand design and fit intent of garment
- Collaborate with design at spec pass to ensure smooth execution
- Create, update and maintain spec packages, measurements and grading for all styles
- Communicate all sample and pattern requirements to factory
- Measure and inspect all samples to ensure they followed requested requirements
- Lead proto fittings with design team. Ensure fitting protocol is followed, including full range of movement
- Problem solve and communicate fit, construction, washing and fabric issues as they arise
- Quality check for consistency in sizing, functional trims, and construction across product range
- Coordinate approval of garments and specs for production, ensuring deadlines are maintained
- Organize logistics of samples
- Work to develop, maintain and elevate fit standards
- Identify potential production issues in fit and quality and make appropriate recommendations while maintaining deadlines and creative intent.
- The position will evolve, and additional duties and responsibilities may be added as required throughout the course of employment.
- 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts; Fashion Design & Technology
- Experience in product development, apparel industry standards, garment fit & production appropriate construction techniques;
- Patternmaking background, an asset
- Advanced Illustrator and Excel skills
- Basic understanding of development and production processes in all categories - Knit, Woven, Fully Fashioned
- Demonstrated ability in effectively communicating with factories and vendors
- Ability to work & communicate efficiently with internal and external teams in a positive and professional manner
- Ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative team environment
- Proven work ethic- responsible, dependable and consistent
- Strong team player, knowledge of x-functional team accountabilities and requirements
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to optimize processes in order to meet all deadlines
- Able to multi- task, working in a fast-past environment and prioritize effectively
- Good posture
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Must be comfortable with fitting garments in front of a group of people.
- Commenting on fit of garment from a customer’s point of view of comfort
- Flexible working hours
- Measurements Required: Height: 5'6" - 5'8", Bust: 32C (34.5"), Actual waist: 27.5", Low Hip: 37.5", Inseam: 31"